Microsoft Dynamics CRM was created to facilitate the customizing and configuring of the system, to meet the organization’s needs. It can be used to enhance the different practices of varying businesses. Companies can tailor Microsoft Dynamics CRM to more closely fit their organization. Many customizations can be implemented by using service tools.
The requirements for customization include:
- Familiarity with the application architecture
- An understanding of the business processes
- Privileges to make changes (based on the security role and permissions)
- Structured Methodology for implementation
You must have a good understanding of the application’s architecture in order to effectively customize Dynamics CRM.
Administrative privileges are required to customize systems. You are able to make customizations once you are given System Administrator or System Customizer security role. Users can customize the CRM by adding existing and custom entities to reflect the behavior of the organization. Customizations are optimized in the mobile apps so they display properly.
- You can create, define, or modify the name or properties of an entity that your organization wants to track.
- Users in the organization can change labels, buttons and controls in the user interface.
- Users can create new forms based on existing forms.
- You can customize forms to suit the organization’s needs.
- Employees can create and modify workflows to run the way the organization works.
- Customizing reports and dashboards and creating web resources
Developers package and maintain units of software that extend Dynamics CRM by using Solutions. They distribute solutions so that organizations can use the Dynamics CRM software to install and uninstall the business functionality defined by the solution.
Some other customizations include: creating new functionality, changing your user interface and navigation methods.